Small Pet Treats
show / hide sidebar
select Dog Toy type
Suspendisse miaculis placerat sapien at comodous loremous
Current Top Sellers
The Best Small Animal Treats
What makes great small animal treat for Guinnea Pigs, Rabbits and other small animals?
We posed this question to a number of industry experts and manufacturers from Australia, Europe and the USA to find out what really is beneficial, nutritious and fun for your small animal.
Interestingly, the common theme was focuses on a balanced diet. Small animals have a diet centred around plant based materials such as hay, fruit and vegetables. It is therefore important to provide them with a treat that is a good alternative to these or a combination of one or more.
Q: So what ingredients are good and what nutritional value do they provide?
- Linoleic acid: promotes healthy skinny and a shiny coat
- Alfalfa: great for teeth
- Hay: an essential source of fibre
- Carrots: one of the best sources of vitamin C
- Marigold: anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory, high in vitamin A and C
- Dandelion: a rabbits favourite with beta-carotene, iron and calcium
- Corn: nutritious with lots of protein for muscle growth, carbohydrates, fibre and antioxidants.
Q: Are there any special regulations to consider in VIC (Melbourne), NSW (Sydney) or QLD (Brisbane)?
Ensure you check your local regulations before buying a small animal. For example, QLD have specific rules on what small animals you can and cannot keep domestically.